Forms & Documents
1. PARENTAGE: The person(s) legally in control, care, and custody of a minor child. The Missing Child Act (MCL 380.1135) requires verifying the identity and age of a minor child enrolling in a public school.
To establish parentage, the district requires:
1. Government issued photo identification of the person(s) enrolling the student.
2. Certified birth certificate of the student(s) to be enrolled. If a certified birth certificate cannot be supplied at the time of enrollment, a notarized affidavit of parentage shall be supplied and a certified birth certificate must be provided to the district within 30 days.
3. Immunization documentation or physician approved vaccine waiver for each child to be enrolled.
4. Additional documentation, such as a divorce decree or other official documents that specify custodial rights may be necessary.
2. A QUALIFYING RESIDENCY: Is defined as a residential dwelling that is either a single family principle residence as recorded with the Osceola County Assessor’s Office or a legal single family residence that meets Michigan Treasury and local community requirements as a rental.
To establish A Qualifying Residency, the district requires:
1. Proof of home ownership: If you currently own or have recently purchased a home in the district, the deed to the property, in the name of the person seeking to enroll the students.
2. A current property tax statement in the name of the person seeking to enroll the students. (To qualify as a home owner, the property must be declared as a principal residence in accordance with state law and guidelines).
Rental of property in the District must be for the purpose of a primary residence. Leasing a residence within the boundaries does not, solely, constitute living within the boundaries.
1. A signed lease in the name of the person seeking to enroll the student(s).
2. Landlord Statement Form
3. A Utility Bill and any one of the items listed below with the name and the district address of the person enrolling the student.
Utility Bill Cable Bill Cell Phone Bill
Bank Statement Pay Stub Auto Loan/Lease
Non-Resident Enrollment in the District
Schools of Choice: The district participates in the Mecosta-Osceola Intermediate School District and State of MI 105C Schools of Choice Programs.
Proof of Residency Guidelines
In order to complete the enrollment process, the person seeking to enroll the student must reside in a dwelling that is located within the geographical boundaries of the Evart Public School District. The following documentation will be required:
A. For homeowners, deed to the property and a current property tax statement in the name of the person seeking to enroll the student that indicates the property is their principal residence, together with a current utility bill and one other current bill at the Evart residential address in the name of the person enrolling the student, current auto insurance certificate or auto insurance binder at the Evart residential address, in the name of the person enrolling the student.
B. For renters, a signed lease or rental agreement, in the name of the person seeking to enroll the student, the rental must comply with local licensing where applicable. A completed and signed Statement of Landlord Form, a current utility bill and one other current bill at the Evart residential address in the name of the person enrolling the student, current auto insurance certificate or auto insurance binder at the Evart residential address, in the name of the person enrolling the student.
The Central Michigan District Health Department offers immunizations to children younger than 18 years old who are uninsured. For more information please click HERE.